**IMPORTANT INFORMATION** COVID-19 AND PURDEN SKI VILLAGE
We at Purden Ski Village are SO GRATEFUL that you are considering a snow day with us!!! We are confident your day will be fun-filled and as 'normal' as possible. However, here is some important information we would like to share regarding COVID-19, and how it affects decision-making when considering your visit to Purden Ski Village this year . Here are a few things that can be expected at Purden Ski Village:
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT PURDEN SKI VILLAGE
● SMILE, IT'S CONTAGIOUS, BE A CARRIER !! ● Prepare for your vehicle to be your locker, changeroom, lunchroom and warming hut. Gear-up at your vehicle. There will be no bag/gear storage in the lodge. As of March 29, 2021, NO INDOOR DINING is permitted and NO DRESSING OR GEARING UP IN THE LODGE is permitted. The lodge is open for washroom use ONLY, and to access the Rental Shop through the designated Rentals Shop Entrance. ● Do a wellness check before heading here. Please refrain from visiting the mountain if: (1) you have travelled outside of the local community (we consider this McBride or Prince George) within 2 weeks prior to your planned snow day; (2) you are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat or runny nose). ● Pre-booked lessons, and rentals are encouraged, which can be done online. FACE COVERINGS & PHYSICAL DISTANCING
● We will be following Provincial regulations regarding masks/face coverings. Currently, face coverings MUST beworn in all indoor spaces unless seated in a designated seating area; at all times when participating in a ski or snowboard lesson; in the ticket lines and lift lines, when loading on the lifts; and when in situations when physical distancing can not be achieved. (If you have a medical expemtion regarding mask-wearing...please stay home. This may not be a suitable venue for you). ● Physical distancing will be required in the event of lift lines (although Purden rarely experiences line-ups). Masks MUST BE WORN WHILE LOADING the lifts. ● Lack of crowds makes physical-distancing easy and feasible.
CAFETERIA & INDOOR SPACE
● Basically, the lodge is open for washroom use only. The Rentals Shop is also open. ● As of March 29, 2021, per Provincial Health Orders, there is NO INDOOR DINING, OR INDOOR GATHERINGS permitted. All food service is TAKE OUT ONLY, and food can be ordered outside, at the ticket window. Please enjoy your tailgate or personal lawn chairs for dining, or use the picnic tables provided outside. ● There is no dressing or gearing-up allowed in the lodge. Please use your vehicle. ● ABSOLUTELY NO BAG / GEAR STORAGE IN THE LODGE. Please use your vehicle. ● Food take-out orders can be placed outside, through the ticket office window. Orders will then be retrieved "curbside", outside the main entry doors. ● We will have tables placed outside for your safety and enjoyment! AND we encourage "tailgate dining." ● The washrooms in the lodge are open and avaialble for use. ● Our Debit/Credit card processors accept tap, and are also sanitized often.
RENTAL SHOP AND SKI SCHOOL
● We encourage all renters to pre-book/pre-pay for your rentals online - at lease 24 hours in advance of your planned snow day. Otherwise, longer than normal waits may be encountered on busier days. We may also have to limit access to the Rental Shop during peak times. ● Rental boots and helmets are sanitized after each use. We sell sanitary helmet liners. ● Lessons will be available. Please pre-book your lesson online by filling out the online form. We will allow a maximum of 4 pesons in a group Learn-to- Ski or Learn-to-Board
OUTDOOR SPACES ● Because we are not an international destination area, outside spaces are uncrowded; small (or no) lift lines, wide open space on the slopes, generally lots of room in the parking lot. ● Riding single up the lifts is encouraged. There is no need to make you pair with a stranger. ● One of Purden's many great advantages is that our parking area is easily accessible so that you are able ski to and from your vehicle easily all day long so you can access extra gear and clothing and even eat your picnic lunch in the comfort and security of your own vehicle. Should you decide to bring your own food and big gear bags, we suggest that you gear-up at your vehicle, eat at your vehicle and locker your extra gear in your vehicle. ● We will have tables placed outside for your safety and enjoyment (weather permitting)! AND we encourage "tailgate dining."
So we hope you can come play outside in a space that is naturally conducive to the recommended guidelines of COVID-19 safety:
● 1 to 2 meters social-distancing () ● Wear gloves () ● Wear a mask (double-up that buff!) () ● Wear goggles () ● Wear multi-layered body coverings () ● Stay outside as much as possible () ● Use your best judgement () ● SMILE, IT'S CONTAGIOUS, BE A CARRIER ()
Purden Ski Village is committed to the health and safety of our guests. We hope to be able to continue to provide a safe, healthy and much needed outdoor venue during this challenging time. As always, taking in the fresh mountain air is strongly encouraged when safe to do so.
These policies and procedures are subject to change at any time. Please continue to check our website for updates.