|Employment Opportunities at Purden Ski Village|
SKI RESORT HELP WANTED (for 2017/2018 Season)
Interested in joining the amiable bunch of individuals that help to deliver an incredible experience to our guests at Purden Ski Resort? Whether you are 17 or 70, we have a job for you!
Do you have reliable transport to get to work every day you are scheduled for work? Staff car-pooling from town can be a workable alternative.
You must be totally alert at all times, safety oriented, and like people. Even at 9:30AM when you have had only one cup of coffee, its snowing like a banshee, and you really wish you had stayed in bed after the alarm rang at 6:30AM. You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Listening IS part of communicating. Your next guest might just be your next boss!
You must have appropriate outer gear and footwear to work outside in inclement weather for long periods of time. Shoveling snow, brushing snow off chairs, and smoothing unloading ramps should be considered key hobbies.
On the job training provided but knowledge of a kitchen and some cooking experience would be an asset.
Ski and/or Snowboard Instructor
Prefer candidates to have certification in Level 1 Ski Instructing and/or Level 1 Snowboarding Instructing.
Rental Shop Technician
On the job training provided. Will be helping fit ski and snowboard equipment, assisting guests and maintaining the rental equipment
Just some of our EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Hanging out and working with a very cool bunch of folks, just like yourself, in a fun, hard-working atmosphere. And a boss that tells great "Staff--only" stories at the morning meeting.
- Working for a small resort, which means a personal atmosphere. Where you interact with everyone on staff, every day. Where you get to know the guests by name.
- Free skiing/riding on your off-time any working day. Some days you will have lots, and others days you will be lucky to get one ride in from the top station of the yellow chair, to your mid-day assignment amid the chaos of the lunch-time lodge crowd.
- Free coffee (freshly-ground) at the 8:30AM morning meeting. Just to make sure you're awake and alert. (Or tea, or hot chocolate). Preference to prospective employees that bring their own reusable coffee cup.
- After working a probationary period, a FREE Season's Pass at Purden Ski Resort for the balance of the winter season.
- Free rental equipment, subject to availability.
- Free boarding/skiing lessons, based on a standby basis.
- Staff discounted pricing both in the cafeteria, and the rental shop.
- For top station liftys, an office with an incredible view
Still interested in working for us? Then we are really interested in you.
Email HIRE ME! and tell us about yourself, your experience, and why you are a good fit for our operation.
We want you, your great personality, and your stellar work ethic.
And if you are out at the ski-hill, stop by the ticket booth and introduce yourself when its not busy.
______________________________________________15:01 October 14, 2017